For many of us, it’s hard to believe that another unprecedented year has come to a close, and while we may still be facing what seems like never-ending COVID variants, there is much to be hopeful for in 2022.
At LR-J Health Solutions, we are a health insurance broker that serves clients in both Arizona and California, and we are proud to have built our business via the relationships we’ve built with individuals and families over the years. As we reflect over 2021 (and the inescapable 2020), and look forward to the start of a new year, we truly wish all the best for those we’ve been humbled to help navigate health insurance solutions through all of life’s stages.
Some Words of Advice for 2022, from LR-J Health Solutions
If we’ve learned anything over the past couple of years, it’s that time is precious, and nothing is guaranteed. What we realized back in 2020, and continue to see, is that life can truly change in an instant, and the only real certainty is that we have to be resilient and keep pushing forward, even when it seems impossible.
For the start of this new year, we’ve compiled some words of advice for 2022, which we hope will resonate with you.
- Focus on What Matters. Priorities can be tricky, especially in a world full of distractions. Whether it’s home or at work, focusing on what matters in 2022 can have a rippling effect on all areas of your life. Since 2020, many of us have struggled with all of the uncertainty and curveballs thrown our way, but that doesn’t mean our focus on what matters most to us has changed – if anything, it’s likely your priorities have become even more in focus.
- Develop Positive Daily Habits. It’s common to start the new year with big goals and resolutions, but what about starting small with positive daily habits? Consistent effort can get you to those big goals you have for yourself, and positive daily habits can align with you prioritizing what matters most. Perhaps spending time with your family is what matters most to you. Commit to quality, intentional time every day with those you love most. Is your health a top priority? Focus on getting in a certain amount of steps a day or a certain amount of healthy foods. Each time you complete a habit, your brain releases dopamine, which is that “feel good” neurotransmitter that’ll make you want to repeat the habit!
- Learn to Say “No!” Time and life are precious, and when we’re pulled into a million different directions, it can be difficult to focus on what matters and our physical and mental health can suffer as a result. Even though it’s just two little letters, it’s common to struggle with saying “no” to others, whether it’s in our personal or professional lives. According to Dr. Emily Anhalt, a clinical psychologist and co-founder of Coa, “As social creatures who want to be part of the herd, we also want to preserve our relationships. So, we might blurt out yes because we don’t want to be seen as difficult.” But saying no can create time and space to rest and recharge, can help us set boundaries with colleagues and loved ones, and overall allow us to engage in activities that align with our goals.
- Face Your Finances. Avoiding a good healthy look at your finances can have a devastating effect on not just your financial wellbeing, but also your overall mental wellbeing. COVID certainly brought on financial challenges, and many are still trying to recover, and with prices on the rise, there’s no better time to reevaluate where your money goes and whether your financial standing is in alignment with your future goals. Whether it’s spending too much on dining out, or spending too much on monthly health insurance premiums, it’s time to be honest with yourself about how you can improve your financial health. Of course – if your health insurance premiums are breaking the bank, or even if you’re not sure if you’re spending too much on healthcare, we can help.
- Be Kind.. To Yourself. Life has been challenging for many of us, and we know we don’t have to remind you to be kind to others (right?). But what about to yourself? It’s certainly easy to get caught up in negative self-talk – that little voice inside your head that tells you you’re not good enough or not doing enough. Tell that voice to SHUSH! Learn to notice when you’re being self-critical, and do your best to squash those thoughts. One of the best things to do is to imagine a friend saying those negative words to you- would you let them get away with that? No. Hopefully, you only surround yourself with friends who are positive and build you up – so, work on speaking to yourself as a friend. You’re awesome, and you got this!
- Seize the Moments. Our most sincere piece of advice for this year and every year afterward is for you to “seize the moments.” Plan it and do it, because life is truly too short. You never know when someone you love will no longer be here, so make that phone call, plan that trip together, or just simply – tell them what they mean to you while they have a chance. Live your dreams, take that trip to paradise, whatever it may be. Plan it and do it.
A Health Insurance Broker Committed to Your Overall Well-Being
We hope you are approaching 2022 with a clear commitment to your overall well-being. Licensed in both California and Arizona, LR-J is proud to serve all communities in both states, and we remain committed to helping individuals and families find the best possible healthcare coverage for the most affordable price. Please don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss your healthcare options; we can also be reached via phone at 480.779.8253 or via email – laura@LR-Jhealthsolutions.com. We look forward to hearing from you, and we wish everyone a healthy and happy 2022!
Also, head over to our Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/LRJinsurance4U/, and let us know what advice you would like to share! Be sure to give us a like and a follow to stay up to date on all the latest news from the world of health insurance.